Re: OT Compaq Ipaq Restore

kermitthefrog01uk wrote:

> Sorry for the O/T post but I know many of you have Ipaqs.
>
> This morning I replaced the battery in my 3870. Thinking ahead I did
> a full back up before hand. However when I tried to restore the
> backup it won't let me as it now thinks it's a different model and
> the backup is not compatable.
>
> Has anyone else come across this?
> I don't really fancy spending the best part of a day reinstalling
> everything.

A PC Activesync backup?

Been there, wore the t-shirt etc on the 3630, so am assuming the 38 is
the same.... Regional Settings.

If the Regional Settings are not the same as the backup, then the backup
will fail with the sort of error that you mentioned. ISTR a hard reset
will make it think it's in the US, which you probably changed to UK
previously.

Try that, hope it helps!

Cheers

--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx