Re: Re: New Member and ADSL Question

Andy Laurence wrote:

> Well, as you asked....
>
> When I signed up, I asked if I could use my free web space with my
domain
> name.  They said I could, but I would need to change the IPStag of my
> domain
> name.  Not knowing what an IPStag was, I logged into my 123reg
> account, and
> clicked on the "Change IPStag" icon.  When my domain was due
to expire
> last
> month, they charged me over £50.  I wasn't sure why, so I raised the
> following ticket:

Nasty. It wasn't even necessary for you to move the domain to them in
order to use their webspace. You could have:

- Redelegate your domain to their domain nameserver and/or:
- point www.yourdomain at their webservever
- use some form of web forwarding (redirect, rewrite (aka reverse
proxy), or frame based forwarding)
- Have a small webpage with your domain hosting company that points to
content on your ISP's webservers

Sounds like you would be much better off ditching that ISP at the first
opportunity... :-(

Jim

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx