Re: XDA II - Bluetooth/WIFI ?

Ive had my XDA for a month now as an upgrade to my previous Nokia=20
9210. Great bit of kit it is.=20
Runs any pocketPC 2003 software ive found so far...i also got a=20
SanDisk SD wifi card off ebay for 60quid brand new shipped from the=20
states which works no problem...well handy for sniffing wifi networks=20
while out and about!...also while out and about, then connect via=20
GPRS, and Messenger loggs in and mail and surfing are online.

comes with a wired headset pair with mic on cable for handsfree in=20
car or listening to mp3 via win media player, or you can use the=20
speakerphone, or if you dont want wires you could get a blutooth ear=20
clip aswell as its got BT built in.

According to the O2 website, theres a sleeve on the way which will do=20
the CF cards and extra battery and stuff.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Marcus Warrington"
<marcusw@m...>=20
wrote:
> Just had a demo of the new O2 XDA II PDA/Camera/Phone, and was=20
pretty impressed. Its smaller than my current Dell Axim (X5), has a=20
phone built in (with speaker phone.. so no fine when using in the=20
car) and a camera (no flash though).=20
>=20
> The price seems pretty good at =A3199 + contract (=A315pm), so
that's=20
about =A3380 with a 12month contract. That compares pretty favourably=20
with my Axim that cost =A3260 but I'm also getting the phone and camera=20
and included talk time. At the moment I always have the Axim, an=20
aging Motorola V50 and an IXUS camera in my pockets so the xda would=20
certainly be useful. I tend to carry the camera around just for use=20
as a visual notebook rather than quality photoraphs, so the lower=20
quality of the camera shouldn't be too much of an issue.
>=20
> I currently use the Axim for general reminders (outlook) etc +=20
netremote + TomTomNavigator + playing divx movies. The XDA has=20
Bluetooth and SD slot but not Wifi or CF. Since I'm using the CF for=20
a WiFi card in the AXIM to access my Home WAP (for netremote), is=20
there anything that would allow me to connect Bluetooth the home=20
network or would I have to use a Wifi SD card ?