RE: Led lights

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Led lights
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:43:48 -0000

I believe that the White LED is a blue chip behind a phosphor coating (like
a Fluorescent tube) and it is the glowing phosphors that give the white
light.

We use a few hundred thousand 5mm LEDs here at work (Red, Amber, Green and
White but mainly red though).  If anybody is particularly interested I
could
try and sort some Specs and Prices.

Regards

Jon Whiten