Re: VGA to SCART lead?

Phil Harris wrote:
>=20
> What you are looking for doesn't exist - well not at decent quality.
>=20
> You can either use a PC to TV convertor (about =A3100 - =A3150 ish)
and h=
ope for
> the best or do what I did, buy a graphics card with DVI output, a nice
lo=
ng
> DVI cable and an LCD telly to connect it to.
>=20
> Running PC's into normal TVs by SCART RGB just doesn't happen at the
mome=
nt.
> Been trying to do this for two years nearly and have given up in
> frustration.
>=20
> Right - now the good news ... *SUPPOSEDLY* the Matrox G450 cards can
be
> forced to generate interlaced RGB and if you have a look at Matrox's
supp=
ort
> forums and do a search on there for RGB SCART then you should find the
> wiring diagram for the cable required and also info which *SHOULD*
enable
> you to do what you want to do. There's also
> http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/
if you want to have a bash using =
an
> Ati Radeon card.
>=20
> Before you get too excited about these last two I got bored with
trying t=
> get them working and gave up.

There is a VGA card called the arcade VGA that will do the 15kHz scan
neede=
d for=20
a TV type display, but its not without its incompatibilitys with some
softw=
are=20
being that you have to use the bios to program the cards registers.

I suspect its just a normal card with a bios tweaked to give different
timi=
ngs