Re: [OT] Win 2k server VPN problems....

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Win 2k server VPN problems....
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 14:12:39 -0000

Hi Ian,

I have the following:

Router (Ext. IP not gve, Internal DHCP addressing to 192.168.1.x)
1 PC connected to the router at IP 192.168.1.6
VPN server connected to the workgroup switch at 192.168.1.4 DHCP
from the router - NIC1
VPN connected back to the workgroup switch via NIC2 at 192.168.1.8 -
DHCP from the router
Workgroup computers at 192.168.1.5,11 and 3

The remote clients get issued with a DHCP address via the VPN server
in the range of 192.168.0.1

With this setup I can access the VPN from outside - whecked via 2
different external connections.  No computers listed in my network
places etc but when the address or DNS name of the VPN server are
entered (\\W2KS01) I can see the shared folders of the VPN server
but NOT the shared folders on the workgroup pc's or the networked
printer...

If however, I change the setup so that there is a direct connection
from the router to NIC1 and the rest of the workgroup sits behind
NIC2 with a static IP address the workgroup computers cannot get net
access or anything else (network places etc)!

On the router I have forwarded ports 50-51 and 1724 to the VPN
server.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

MAtt

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian" <ian@f...> wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
> Do you have net access from the server itself? If you can give us
a little
> more info on the setup (ip address/subnet mask/def gateway for
each device)
> that would help.
>
> In the interests of security, we don't need to know the public IP
of your
> router.
>
> Ian.

Problem is the