Security alarm to GSM connection

  • Subject: Security alarm to GSM connection
  • From: "Benfield, John (ITD)" <john.benfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:46:19 -0000

I am currently talking to a number of local security companies about
installing an alarm system. Before any suggest getting Comfort system, I
want connections to a manned control centre with police response, therefore
the system needs to be installed by a NACOS approved installer. I am
concerned that any competent thief (and we do have a problem with the local
travellers) will just cut the telephone wires. We are remote and it's very
obvious which is own line. I am therefore trying to get a system that can
work with a GSM phone. Does anyone know of a black box that will allow you
to use a mobile as though it was a normal telephone (ie via a BT socket).

You can get the BT Redcare system with a GSM option, however this costs
around =A350 per month, but does include the monitoring service.

JB

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312.
Registere=
d Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised and regulated by the
Financial=
Services Authority and represents The Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing Gro=
up. The Bank sells life policies, collective investment schemes and
pension=
products and advises only on the Marketing Group's range of these products=
and on a With-Profit Bond produced by Norwich Union Life (RBS) Limited.

t=
he message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return
th=
e message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from
=
your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank
=
of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
mes=
sage after it was sent.

viru=
ses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward
tr=
ansmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not
adv=
ersely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Roy=
al Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out
s=
uch virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.