Re: [OT] Anyone had experience with Cobalt Raq4i's?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Anyone had experience with Cobalt Raq4i's?
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:43:24 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@b...>
wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just purchased a Raq3 from eBay and upgraded it to Raq4i OS.  I'm
> having a difficult time trying to set up virtual hosting and email
> on the thing.  Can anyone give me some advice / help?

Using the raq control panel, set the IP address of the box.  If you
are using it at home on the end of a dynamic ADSL line, this will
still work, as long as your ADSL router translates the incoming
connections to the raq private IP address.

Set up each virtual site.  The names must be as you've registered
them with DNS, and put the IP address as the address of the raq.

Then click on the site mainenance, and set up users and passwords
for each virtual site.  These will be their pop3 userids and
passwords.  So user fred will be fred@xxxxxxx or whatever.

Job done.

You can download the manuals if needed from powerraq.com

I like raqs.  they just work.