First post - which patch panel

  • Subject: First post - which patch panel
  • From: Adrian Apthorp <aapthorp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:24:39 +0100

Hi,

This is my first post to the ukha_d list.

I'm in the process of installing a home network (CAT5e, CT100) and am
looking for the best patch panel solution. I potentially have space for
a standard wall mount comms cabinet but like the compactness of some of
the home units (e.g. HNS, Wiselan, Homemaster). I need about 24+ CAT5e
ports and ideally 8 TV points.

My main question with these units is what space do they have for
wireless router and broadband modem? Also, what is the difference if any
in the video distribution modules between these units.

thanks

Adrian