Re: Solenoid valves (was Cat 5 cable)

I used the same parts as Ian rswww.com part number 342-023 and 342-039 at
the time and have not had any problems with flow rate.  My longest run is
about 30 metres but it's more an issue of the number of outlets and the
local water pressure, I have several different runs for different parts of
the garden and switch them on one at a time rather than trying to power to
many sprayer/drippers from one hose.  I just use normal garden hose to get
the water to the right location then switch to irrigation type hose to put
the irrigation devices in.  If you water in the midnight of the night you
normally get a better pressure that first thing in the morning when
everyone is getting up.

S.

"Mal Lansell"
<mlansell@front        To:     <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
ier.co.uk>             cc:
Subject:     [ukha_d] Solenoid valves (was Cat 5 cable)
27/04/2004
10:25
Please respond
to ukha_d

I am setting up a similar system this year - I saw a website (Ian's I
think)
that described exactly what I had in mind, but I'm still debating which
valves to use.

Could anyone who has built their own irrgation system let me know which
valves you used, and whether you've had any problems with flow restriction
etc?

Cheers

Mal