OT: ADVERT: Programming/Report Design Work

  • Subject: OT: ADVERT: Programming/Report Design Work
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:48:11 +0100

Hi All

Sorry this is OT but I know there are quite a few IT guys on this list.

You're going to have to bear with me a little as I'm not overly technical
on
the programming side :-) and I'm used to all our IT work being in-house so
this is a new departure for me! Our in-house IT systems are written in
Microsoft VB6.0 Front End linked to an MS SQL 2000 server back end.

I currently have a need for some specific sales reporting from our system
but our IT boys are booked solid for 6 months on other vital work.

Due to the fact that they are in the middle of some major structural
changes
and some other logistical issues it is envisaged that this reporting wil be
built from csv data exports of the necessary tables in our database.

What I need is someone to write some reports based on this information. It
will need to be reasonably dynamic (Perhaps using pivots in Excel?) or
alternatively we currently have a developer licence for Crystal Reports 9.2
and so this is a good option (It then could be tweaked to link back
directly
to our SQL tables at a later date?).

As an 'add-on' I am also looking to present this data in a low bandwidth
manner to an external website, although this is a 'nice to have' rather
than
an essential. We host our own web server.

So do you have the abilities needed or know someone who does?

This can be a commercial arrangement or if necessary 'creative' payment
methods can be devised.

I have no problem offering this to someone on a part-time, evening, weekend
basis but they must understand that this is a commercial project and it
needs to be completed on-time and within budget.

I am sure I have left out huge chunks of information but have deliberately
not posted a specification here.

If you think you can help please email me off-list.

Many thanks

Rob

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha