Re: Re: WiFi Woes :(

> Hi,
>
> I don't think this problem is limited to WiFi equipment.  I have had
> 3 - yes THREE Linksys and Belkin routers in my setup.  All had the
> same problem and required power cycling to get the running again.
> The only thing I found was that it was next to the powersuplly for an
> old Lexmark printer that I had running.  Solution?  Move the printer
> and the problem doesn't happen AS OFTEN.  PCWorld were baffled when I

I'm baffled why mine worked faultlessly for 3-4 months though and is now
crapping out (this is the WAP54).  IF it has been happening from day one
then fair enough....
Actually, I have had two belkins - the 1st I think was genuinely faulty
when I recevied it, but the 2nd again worked fine for a while.....

> just have to live with it.  I found that if I connected an X10
> appliance module and scheduled it to power cycle at 12pm or
> thereabouts once or twice a week the problem stopped - wierd I know
> but hey, it works for me!

hmm....guess it cheaper than buying new WAPS every few months :/

T.