Latest message you have seen: Re: Using a Mobile as an SMS Gateway...

RE: [OT] Telewest increases broadband speeds by 50% for free

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Telewest increases broadband speeds by 50% for free
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:05:27 +0100

All existing customers by the end of May!

See Below:

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=bbs_faster_infor
mation_faqs

Q: Why is the upstream not being upgraded?

A: As with other broadband technologies (such as ADSL), blueyonder's
broadband services have higher downstream speed than upstream. This is
because most of the activities which our customer use their broadband
services for such as reading emails, downloading software or music files,
surfing the web or watching online videos, require a high downstream speed
but do not require a high upstream speed. We believe that the current
upstream speeds offered by our services remains sufficient for the vast
majority of our customers.

We have therefore decided to focus at this time on improving the part of
our
service which will make the biggest difference to our customers -
increasing
the downstream speed. That means faster downloads of music, software and
emails, and higher quality video online.

We understand that a small group of our 'power-user' customers may benefit
from increased upstream speed, and will continue to look for ways in which
we can meet this need.

megabit
> >broadband service.
> >
> >In a shake-up of existing services it will speed up all its
> broadband
> >products by 50% for free."
> >
> >Whoo Hooo......
> >
> >Bring it on!
> >

> >Sorry Guys
> >
> >Don (existing 2MB customer :-))
> >

> >UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
> ><http://www.ukha2004.com>http://www.ukha2004.com
> >
> >http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >
> >Member Offers -
> ><http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha>http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha

> >    *

> e>ukha_d-u
> >nsubscribe@xxxxxxx
> >
> >    *
> >    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo!
Terms of Service.

> UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
> http://www.ukha2004.com
>
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
>
> Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha
Yahoo! Groups Links