Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT]XP Help

RE: IR7243

  • Subject: RE: IR7243
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:22:52 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Phil Harris wrote:

> As far as I understand, I'm pretty certain that the "basic"
IR7243 is still
> available from the usual sources Li (and has no support for all
housecodes

You are probably right. Please note that the "later" revision of
the
single housecode IR7243 has changed from standard DIL (Dual-In-Line) to
SMD (Surface Mount Device) microcontroller and thus unsuitable for upgrade
with our IRAH board.

> or RF) - albeit with the usual limitations on supply that we're both
more
> than painfully aware of unfortunately.

Indeed.

> The IR7243W (or IR7243RF depending on what damn batch of stickers they
> happen to have to hand when they made them) is the version that has
both IR
> and RF capabilities (and all housecode fucntionality) but I'm pretty
certain

:-) The joy of ever-changing X-10 product codes.

> that it doesn't support the extended commandset that the IR7243AH has
> been doing for the last year or so.

That is correct.

Regards,

Kwong Li