RE: Advice on Plasma

Likewise - overstated.  Even if you did watch Sky 1 for 12 hours a day
(though why you would want to do that is a different issue!), with the
numerous ad breaks, the red button disappears for enough time to prevent
damage to the screen.  I've seen a few older domestic plasma installation
(by old, I mean 3 years), and even those early screen have no burn.
=20
When I first got my plasma I was very careful not to leave any static
image=
on there, and to turn it off if it was going to be left for any length of
time, but you quickly get over the paranoia that's instilled by some of the
more exaggerated web forum posts.=20=20
=20
The best place to see screen burn is at any airport; I've no idea how they
managed to cost justify spending =A32k+ per screen, running 24/7 showing
static images - wrecked within 6 months. Madness.
=20
Anyway, my advice, if you do decide on plasma, is to go as large as the
roo=
will take without it looking over-bearing.  I've got a 42" Panny in a
room
that's about 18 x 12 (regular height ceilings), and IMHO a 50"
wouldn't loo=
out of place, although if it was placed in the corner I think it would look
a lot more obvious.
=20
Pete