RE: Advice on Plasma

I think screen burn-in is somewhat over-stated - I've got a Panasonic
50" which has been running for about a year now - gets quite a bit of
use on all channels (with logos). Not the slightest signs of any burn-in
either temporary or permanent.

I've yet to see an LCD unit that compares (viewing angles, contrast etc)

Paul.

Pixel
> Plus
> set which has 5:1 built in with wireless rear speakers. My fear with
> plasma
> is screen burn from on screen logos which seem to be huge problem when
you
> look round the forums. According to one post one manufacturer stated
that
> only 15% of the viewing time should have a static image on the screen.
 So
> those guys with Sky and Plasma end up with a permanent red button in
the
> corner of the screen, you can beat those with little add-on gadgets
> though.
> If your want big and flat I'd go for LCD but the biggest at the mo is
only
> 30-32".
>
> Your biggest stumbling block is what ever wide screen you go for will
be
> convincing them that is should not go in the corner ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Jonathan

NTL,