[OT] Power Inverter for the Car

Just splashed out =A330 on a 150W Continous Power Inverter (12V) for the
ca=
(Maplins Nikkai N64AU).
=20
Intention was to use it to power my laptop via its AC Adapter.=20
=20
Plugged it altogether but as soon as I plug in the AC Adapter the Invertor
makes a clicking noise and then the red fault light comes on and then
cycle=
:-(
=20
I've tried a standard 20W lamp into the inverter and that works fine.
=20
Any ideas or is it just my AC Adapter is incompatible?=20
=20
Don
=20
PS I tried the AC adapter from the Fuji touchpad and thats the same.