Re: Not quite home automation but...

On Sat,  3 Apr 2004 13:21:36 +0100, you wrote:

>Simple idea to try first. Just tried the basic idea on my laptop....
>
>Created a shortcut to "Winamp <playlist1>"
>Created another shortcut to "Winamp <playlist2>"
>
>Double clicked the first shortcut and Winamp fired up playing
Playlist1.
>Double clicked on the second shortcut and the same instance of Winamp
changed to
>Playlist Two. Double clicked the first shortcut and it changed back to
the
>first playlist.
>
>It could end up as simple as using Task Scheduler to fire off the
playlists.

>Just an idea.
>
>Keith
>
>www.diyha.co.uk
>www.kat5.tv

This was one of my first thoughts but its a little messy for people who are
not
particularly computer literate - I was looking for more of an
"intergrated solution",
something with an easy-to-follow gui based front end that will allow easy
selection of
play lists depending on time of day/day of week, I guess I may be looking
at writing a
winamp plug-in (there's a first time for everything! 8-)...

Thanks for the thought anyway!

--
/"\
Cheers for now            \ /

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha