Re: Quick Athlon Question...

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 09:18:01AM +0200, Bricknell, Tony wrote:
> Depends what you mean by "fortune" :o)
>
> I use an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe - supports FSB up to 400MHz.  Stable as a
rock.
> ?73.62 from ebuyer.
> As for other makes - personal experience will steer me away from PC
Chips,
> you mileage may vary...

PCChips are a bit hit and miss, they are cheap because they use cheap
components and cheap mfr processes etc etc, so you get what you pay for.

I just bought an MSI K7N2 Delta and AthlonXP 3000 (which runs at 2166
right?), but it's not been used enough to comment on stability etc, though
my cousin is very pleased with his, and I bought it on his recommendation.
They cost about 40 quid if I remember right...