From: Mark Harrison (Yahoo!) [mailto:mph@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 March 2004 10:38
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] video distribution

KAT5.

The KAT5 video distribution product works well (I've used S-Video and
composite, not RGB/Component, so can't comment on them).

In addition, the "composite video" channel on a KAT5 box works
well for
distributing 5.1 sound as a digital stream, since composite video and
SP/DIF
are both the same form factors AND impedance.

Typically, the problem is control. Personally, I use a xAP-hardware box
control my hifi, but it's no longer manufactured (not enough demand) :-(

M.