Re: Network Harddrive blues

If you do replace it I'd strongly recommend buying a 3ware controller
rather
than a Promise. I made the mistake of buying a cheaper Promise IDE
controller
once and had no end of troubles, getting the card replaced didn't help. I
found so many other people who had sworn off Promise forever in the course
of
trying to fix that that I was convinced they were right. I had slow access,
data corruption, dodgy driver installation, the works. In the end I
switched
to a 3Ware card as a swap in replacement and have had no trouble (touch
wood)
since.

Steven