Re: [OT] Hard Drive Failure - data recovery

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Hard Drive Failure - data recovery
  • From: neilball@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:08:47 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I've tried that already Richard, the drive
can be "seen" at bios level but is not there in Windows. I'm
currently using Ghostcopy to read the drive and copy the data sector by
sector, and I'll see if that allows me any access to the data. TBH it's the
NTFS issue that concerns me, I've never got up to date with what can/cannot
be done under NTFS in comparison to FAT16/32.

Neil B.

> Take the drive out and try to access it in another machine.
>
> I have had this happen on my lappy, the data to boot went bad.
(Actually to come