RE: Re: Home intercom newbie question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Home intercom newbie question
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:51:08 +0100

Hi Howard,

> Thanks for the interest in my query - is the DECT route the only way
> to go? And does it solve the door bell question - I'll have a look at
> the panasonic system anyhoo.

A DECT system with a front door intercom and phone interface would do what
you want.

Alternatively, a Panasonic PABX with hardwired phones would do what you
want, and not have any lost handsets.

You could probably get a dedicated intercom system to do exactly what you
need also, www.videx-security.com again.

None of the options are 'cheap' tho.

Cheers, Des.