Re: Home intercom newbie question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Home intercom newbie question
  • From: "Derek Erb" <dce42@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:11:46 -0000

I'm in pretty much the same situation as Howard (3 stories instead
of 4) but relatively the same.

I'm learning lots and lots here...

If I understand correctly I can use DECT phones to talk to each
other in the house?  I am going to have one phone line in the house
with phone sockets in several rooms.  Will the DECT phones be able
to speak to each other internally over that one phone line?  Will I
be able to ring any given handset by some sort of code?  This really
does sound like a dream come true for me as it solves a lot of
problems without additional cabling...

Following up on that then would be the more complicated question:
can anyone recommend a simple system to link up the doorphone to the
telephone?  I'd love for the doorphone to ring the internal phones,
to be able to speak to the person at the door and open the door
through the phones.  Do I have to go through something as expensive
and complicated as Comfort for this or is there another option?

This combination of DECT phones as a multi-directional internal
intercom and a doorphone which works with the phone system would be
really exciting for me as it would solve so much of my current
worries...

I am really looking forward to confirmation.  BTW if it will not
work as I described above please be gentle with me... it's going to
be a real baloon burster!

Thanx