Re: PBX advice please

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PBX advice please
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:57:08 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Justin <justin@g...> wrote:
> This system has an RS232 port, so is it possible to program
> it using a PC? The docs I've seen mention connecting to a PC,
> but don't say what for.

You can programme the KXT-As using just the 'master'phone, that the
one plugged into the first extension, which must be an LCD equipped
phone.  But frankly, its (far) too much like hard work.  Option two
is a PC with Panasonics software, as Mr Mouser suggested, but
frankly, dont bother, take option three - run (dont walk) to
http://www.pbxsoftware.com/kxta/index.shtml
and download Dimitri's
Programmator.  You can download it now, before you get your PABX,
and play.  Or even build your full configuration.  You then pay your
$69 registration once you've got your PABX.  And if you value your
time at just a few bucks an hour, you're still in profit over the
other tools.

A word of caution: you _need_ the right RS232 cable.  Or it wont
work.

Once you've programmed the thing up, the RS232 port can do call
logging.