Re: PBX advice please

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: PBX advice please
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:52:33 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> I'm no 'expert' BUT I've installed a Pany 624, they are VERY simple
to install and program. If the NTTP is owned by BT be careful
connecting directly to it as I believe they own it. You can run your
own NTTP for the wiring of your phone points if you want to do it
that way.

NTTP = Network Test and TERMINATION Point.

Yes, it can be owned by BT. It is where BT's line ends and the
CUSTOMERS wiring begins just like the NTE5 (Network Termination
Equipment) aka Linebox in your house.

There is nothing to stop you connecting to YOUR side of the NTTP

Hope that clarifies things a little. :-)

Keith