Re: [OT] Mobile phone - simple quer

steamer2uk wrote:

> Jim, will you explain to me what 'porting the number' entails, please?
> (I seem to be 'ignorant', not 'simple' after all!)

Phone your current mobile phone network/Service provider and ask for a
PAC (Port Authority Code).

Tell your new mobile phone network/SP you'd like to bring your old
number with you (you might need to tell them before buying the PAYG
SIM/opening the account) and give them the PAC.

Better check the new provider supporting number porting to the type of
account you want (I think they all do though), before asking for the
PAC, because once it's issued you can't stop the old account being
closed down.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-knowledgebase-Show?ARTICLE=NETTAR.UGTI.PORTING

Jim