Introduction & first Question.

Hi,
Just to introduce myself to the group, my name is Mark and i live in
Surrey. I'm about to have my new (to me) house re-wired, and thought
add data, audio and AV at the same time (3 Cat5e & 3 RG-6 per room)
and use a hall cupboard for the patch panels. I'm going to add the
hardware over time, but I'd like to initally set up whole house Audio
for my stereo.
Although I can change harware etc later, I'm concerned about putting
in the wrong wiring. My question is about setting up the speaker
cable. Should I just run in wall speaker cable from the patch
cupboard to each room and if so how to I control volume (on/off) or
use Cat5e instead of the speaker cable. Also whats the best way to
terminate the connections.

Thanks,
Mark