RE: Help: Any Crestron / AMX type systems people out there (urgent-ish)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help: Any Crestron / AMX type systems people out there (urgent-ish)
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:44:06 +0100

Mark,

If you go the C-Bus route then there are possibilities as Rob says
using a Kramer 4x1 or 4x4 composite video switcher which is controlled via
RS232 (no IR) .. However you could use the xAP to C-Bus gateway and a
custom
plugin to use one of the spare serial ports to control the Kramer - someone
else has asked me for this too AND I have a Kramer unit myself - so I would
be quite interested in supporting it. Any IR action that is received by say
a Neo is already reported as a group change out of the xAP gateway.

However I don't think I can meet those timescales but they may be prepared
to live without IR switching of the sources for a few weeks longer ?? The
Kramer bit needs to be written.

PS I also probably have a spare 4 way Kramer PAL composite video
switcher at a good price - as I upgraded to an 8x8 myself.

Kevin

Contact me off list if any of this is of interest

thingies" for