RE: Help: Any Crestron / AMX type systems people out there (urgent-ish)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help: Any Crestron / AMX type systems people out there (urgent-ish)
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:11:49 +0100

C-bus could certainly provide what you're looking for. The important
thing to remember with C-bus IR is that it does not pass through a
signal (As with say Xantech kit.) but receives an IR code and transmits
a stored IR code.
The c-touch units are able to receive codes from a number of standard
remotes which in turn trigger a c-bus event. That event could be
anything from dim, relay on-off or indeed transmit a stored IR signal.
C-bus cannot really handle video switching BUT you could use a Kramer
4x4 unit with IR control to achieve this.

Mail me off-list if you need more.

Many thanks

Rob Mouser