Re: Alarming the garage

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Alarming the garage
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:17:29 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "etj_webster" <etj_webster@h...>
wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I'm after a quick bit of advice.
>
> I have a comfort system and want to link some garage
> security up to it.
> The garage has 4 double glazed windows, a side door,
> and a double sectional roller main door.

Use a dual-technology PIR/microwave for volumetric detection.  That
will cure the PIR false alarms.

The next question is how much you want to stop folks getting into
the garage, as opposed to detecting them once they are in.

To stop attacks on the windows use "viper" detectors on each
frame,
which will notice attempts to break or mechanically attack the
windows.  Or a break-glass detector to notice when a window has been
smashed.  Or both, if you have money, zones and paranoia to spare :-)

Standard contact on the standard door.  For when you forget to lock
it and an opportunist just walks up and walks in.

Roller door detectors on each half of the roller door.  For when Mr
Hooligan entices your roller door open with some brute force.

As there are no two technologies the same in that lot, should you at
a later date wish to have your alarm centrally monitored, it will
comply with DD:243 requirements.