Re: OT: Server Uptime, was Any Red hat heads here?

Dave

What about those blasted windows updates? Requiring a reboot every week.

From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] OT: Server Uptime, was Any Red hat heads here?

> Not wanting to get into an OS Holy War myself, but my HA server is
running
Windows 2000 and has an uptime of 98 days so far. This is running Homeseer,
XGuard (Trust 4 input video capture), my own weather station software,
Equinox for phone logging, WinAMP and shoutcast etc, so not exactly lightly
loaded I would say. Load sits about 50-70% with the all systems up on a
PIII
500Mhz machine.

> Saying that, I am currently about to put together an old 233Mhz PC to
act
as a firewall and venture in the unknown of using Linux.