Re: **xAP / xPL - Idiots and "Real World" uses**

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:50:29 +0100, "Mark McCall"
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>1. X10 Icon
>Create an icon on the PC desktop that, when clicked, will trigger an
X10
>event using a CM12U (and or HomeVision) that resides on that local
machine
>or another machine on the LAN.

If anybody has a CM12U setup with a xAP connector that's as easy as
running my Send application on a little xAP message file. I think
MarkH does that already in fact. Associate .xAP files with my Send app
and "Job's a Good 'un" as they say somewhere...

I was going to get my CM12U going with one HA package called PBL
written by a UKHA reader here but I utterly failed to get on to that.
Why am I so incredibly crap at clearing off my ToDo list? :(

>2. Meteor CID Sharing
>Create a system which monitors Caller ID info from the Meteor and
passes it
>to as many of the following as possible - PC Client, HomeVision, TiVo,
>SliMP3 (+any other device widely used by our community).

I can do TiVo and SliMP3 in one single ready to run EXE, albeit a bit
of tweaking to the configuration file to specify the following is
required:
- where to find the SliMP3 server.
- the IP address of your TiVo.
- the COM port of your Meteor

Sadly there's a buglette somewhere that reads the data off the Meteor
incompletely and I'm utterly buggered if I can test this as I only
have one phone line. Doogie suggested 17010 or something like that to
generate a callback, but I haven't yet. So I can't enter here either
:(

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

http://www.xapframework.net/
   stuart@xxxxxxx