Re: ha server time problem

On Mon, 19 May 2003 10:35:44 +0100, you wrote:

>Sure can but the secret is in the code not the circuit. The parts came
from
>Maplin and are numbers MK68Y and MK72P which are the aerial and
receiver
>module totalling 25 quid. I looked into making these myself and it
seems
>there is no easy economic way of doing it so bite the bullet and buy
them.
>Once you have them connecting it all up is not too hard but read the
rather
>crap instructions as this helps. In use the modules are very sensitive
and
>will receive a signal where my bought atomic clocks will not ;-))

Thanks. I did get data sheets for these from Maplin some time ago, but
haven't done anything else with them yet. I have not interfaced to the
serial port before, so I was worried about what pin to connect what
signal to. Is there a book/web site to learn more about serial
interfacing? I have done it with kits such as the quasar temperature
sensor, but nothing from scratch.