Re: Re: Asterisk progress

>I can see one big problem for VoIP: the fact that it has a low fixed
>cost associated with it means telesales calls could reach a new all
>time high, infinitely worse (and more intrusive) than spam - and very
>little you can do about it...

Actually, * can help out here too. It has a number of features designed
to thwart telesales types. On PSTN calls it can issue tones that convince
autodialers that the line is disconnected. you can force the entry of a
callerid
if non is supplied. Similar strategies can be implemented for network
calls,
calls without callerid can be dropped, rerouted  etc.. There's an
'interesting'
example in the manual termed the x-girlfriend mechanism, where it gives
the line disconnected tone.

Andy