RE: Re: Asterisk progress

Paul

>1)       DECT phones that all ring with different ringtones depending
on
>which line is calling (not sure it'll be able to do this but I know the
>Siemens ISDN PBX can do this)

* supports different ringtones for example if a voip call comes in you
could
use ring tone 1, if a normal call use ring tone 2. Your DECT phones must
support different ring tones though. I know mine do, but they are not
hooked
up to * at the moment.

>2)       Outgoing calls routing depending on time of day (i.e. all
>daytime calls charged to business acc and evening/weekend calls via
free
>service)

Yes, * supports 'time of day' so for example if a call comes in after 23:30
it
can get routed directly to the answer machine. You can effectively define
when daytime starts and stops.

>3)       Access to Comfort remotely (currently on analogue line)

Route the call to the comfort line..(or better) plug comforts line into an
fxs
port. (hardware required)

>4)       Dial in voice menu system that can somehow interface to HA
apps
>(probably via ACE or HV Desktop)

* supports AGI and EAGI (enhanced AGI) which allows scripting via perl, c
etc... I know of one person who interfaces with his misterhouse setup...

>Can a system like Asterisk do any/all of these? I did have a look at
the
>docs but got quickly distracted ;)

Yes, all of the above

Andy