RE: Re: Asterisk progress

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Asterisk progress
  • From: "Paul" <p-gale@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:35:43 +0100

I've been very loosely following the Asterisk thread (probably more of a
distraction while doing my very tedious accounts and VAT return!!!). I
get the feeling that I should be excited about doing it myself but I
don't know what it'll do for me.

I've got home highway that I use for business lines and a single
analogue line (waiting for ADSL to appear here, hopefully this year so I
can ditch BT Satellite). I use two DECT systems (a BT 4000 and an older
Philips Onis).

Ideally I'd like to combine them all into a single system that will give
me:

1)       DECT phones that all ring with different ringtones depending on
which line is calling (not sure it'll be able to do this but I know the
Siemens ISDN PBX can do this)

2)       Outgoing calls routing depending on time of day (i.e. all
daytime calls charged to business acc and evening/weekend calls via free
service)

3)       Access to Comfort remotely (currently on analogue line)

4)       Dial in voice menu system that can somehow interface to HA apps
(probably via ACE or HV Desktop)

Can a system like Asterisk do any/all of these? I did have a look at the
docs but got quickly distracted ;)

Ta,

Paul.