Re: Asterisk progress

Li

>Thanks for the offer, Andy.

No problem....

>Currently, I don't have any VoIP hardware and I am keen to get some in
>play, erm, evaluate. What hardware you would recommend or suggest to
start
>and from where? May be a couple of SIP phones and any necessary PBX
>hardware.

for the * box I'm actually only use a 600 mhz PC, seems adequate for what
I'm trying
at the moment, but it would be nice to try out a VIA board.. maybe a faster
fanless one.
The current favorites with * in terms of hard phones seem to be Snom and
Cisco 7960G's
though I think you need to fiddle about with the Ciscos to get the right
firmware. www.provu.co.uk
were doing a deal on the Snom 100;s (not sure if it's still running) - If
you call or email try to speak
to Tim - he's very helpful. You can let him know I sent you to him, and he
may give them at the same
price Chris and I got them at. However, you don;t have to start with a
hardphone, you can use softphones..
IMHO hardphones feel better to use and also have echo cancellation which is
a big plus.

HTH

Andy