Re: Asterisk progress

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Asterisk progress
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:21:17 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, UKHA wrote:

> Ring multiple devices at the same time or ring 1 device and if no
> answer ring another, if still no answer go to voicemail
> Ring, on no answer or busy divert to Voicemail
> Call parking and retrival
> Call pickup
> Call transfers
> Speaking clock (snigger)
> TTS (Festival - not actually worth it, dire to say the least)
> Voicemail notification on phones and via email (email attaches message
if required)
> Short dialing (I can dial FWD users with 8<fwd number> and it
dials <fwd number>)

Nice features.

> Li, if you're interested it just getting it up and running for a test
> lab let me know, I'll be glad to help, Sadly I wont be at UKHA2003
> (which would have been a good place to chat about it). If you have a
> sip phone set up (not using FWD!) you can call me at
> andy@xxxxxxx, (if you have a FWD account I can call you).

Thanks for the offer, Andy.

Currently, I don't have any VoIP hardware and I am keen to get some in to
play, erm, evaluate. What hardware you would recommend or suggest to start
and from where? May be a couple of SIP phones and any necessary PBX
hardware.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx