Re: Asterisk progress

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Asterisk progress
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:23:47 -0000

Hi Andy

Sounds like you are making cracking progress - I will be along
shortly to ask for your advice :-)

I've received the Asterisk / Digium developers kit this morning. One
FXO card, with a little daughter board on it to serve one line (can
be expanded by plugging in more daughter boards), and a single port
FXS card.

Connectors on the FXO card are a bit confusing - I was expecting
RJ45's, but they're bigger (RJ11? Same size an ordinary ethernet
socket).

BT have been unusually co-operative in switching my ISDN service from
homehighway to business highway (I was fully expecting for them to
try and hit me with the full installation charge, but they were happy
to do it for free), which will allow me to get CLI and MSN over the
ISDN digital channel.

Now all I need is some play time to get it all configured & up and
running...

Patrick