Re: Re: Asterisk progress

>Hi Andy
>
>Sounds like you are making cracking progress - I will be along
>shortly to ask for your advice :-)

Yes, it does seem to be moving along quickly!

>I've received the Asterisk / Digium developers kit this morning. One
>FXO card, with a little daughter board on it to serve one line (can
>be expanded by plugging in more daughter boards), and a single port
>FXS card.

Barst..^H^H^H^H^H :P  - great stuff, I'd be interested as to how you get
along..

>Connectors on the FXO card are a bit confusing - I was expecting
>RJ45's, but they're bigger (RJ11? Same size an ordinary ethernet
>socket).

isn't RJ11 the smaller one? IIRC many FXS cars have RJ45 connectors
sine you may want yo plug them into your patch panel.

>BT have been unusually co-operative in switching my ISDN service from
>homehighway to business highway (I was fully expecting for them to
>try and hit me with the full installation charge, but they were happy
>to do it for free), which will allow me to get CLI and MSN over the
>ISDN digital channel.

there's something like call grouping too (not that I know much about it)
did you go for that?

>Now all I need is some play time to get it all configured & up and
>running...

hehhe, I have too much time, wanna swap?

Andy