RE: Plasma panels - what to choose?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Plasma panels - what to choose?
  • From: "Paul" <p-gale@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:42:20 +0100

My Panasonic 50" (series 5) has a native resolution of 1366 x 768
(widescreen). The smaller 42" panels use 1024x768 and the other models
(37") use an even smaller resolution (852x480 ???) IIRC.

I used a free bit of software to modify my shuttle PC's graphic card to
allow this resolution (1366x768). I use various professional CRT's and
my business is video production - when I first saw the result of
connecting my PC to the plasma I was blown away with the quality. Even
1024x768 (down sampled by the plasma) was excellent (the only difference
was that the aspect ratio was wrong).

Paul.