RE: VOIP FXS Gateways that support SIP

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: VOIP FXS Gateways that support SIP
  • From: "Ian Willoughby" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:59:55 +0100

Hi Dan,

Not being the one who made the tests, I can't say for sure but it looks
like they were talking about CSICO kit and probably the scale of there test
was larger than I would ever dream of using from home anyway. I agree it
does sound like different codec's were used. Surely SIP is also the
transport protocol as well as Signalling or am I missing something :-)

It looks like I will plump for one of the Pheenet gateways, I like the look
of the rack mount version but it works out quite expensive, the specs look
very impressive though.

R's
Ian