RE: [OT] Hard drive opinions?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Hard drive opinions?
  • From: "Ian Willoughby" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:53:03 +0100

Hi Paul,

I have the IBM / Hitachi 180GXP 120Gb 7200rpm ATA100 2mb Cache Hard Drive -
OEM in my machine which is about the same price, nice drive. I like Western
Digital but think the IBM drive is a lot quiter than my previous WD 40Gb
drive which recently developed an unhealthy clunk noise but other than that
seems to have no errors.

Link to the IBM drive below:-

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=43158

R's