Re: Voice Over IP

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Voice Over IP
  • From: Mailing Lists <mailing.lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:54:58 +0100

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

The phones on eBay are Cisco CP-30VIP (try the url http://tinyurl.com/ak51),
but as I understand it this model has to be used with Cisco's own call
manager software.  I've been trying to see if it's possible to flash them
with a different firmware to make them SIP compatible, but so far no
success.  They're very cheap though, £40 each brand new boxed.

I've just visited FWD and signed up, so now all I need is to decide on and
find some inexpensive phones.  What phones are you using?  I'll probably be
going for some USB models for rooms that have PC's in them, but I'd want
stand alone units for all the other rooms.

Thanks,

Martyn