From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:19 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] ir rx tip

> Hi All
>         Just a little tip for those who are making their own ir
receivers
and may at some stage have the following problem.. I have been building
some
FirM Rx Units and noticed while testing that with some the Busy output was
flashing briefly and quite often as  if ir was being received...First
covered the ir reciever to block any stray ir but no good...replaced the ir
receiver still no good replaced all caps and ic ........and was ready to
take all my ir receivers back to my supplier to say they were faulty and
thought i would try the little 5v 100mA regulator and bingo the fault
cleared replace the regulator on another board and the fault also
cleared...Im not sure why the glitches were getting on the rx line unless
maybe  noise..........so watch those pesky little regulators ..........

> Frank Mc

> ** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here:
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=1110
**