Re: Sky effing digital :-(

Clive Dilley wrote:
> I get alot of picture break-up, especially on the less popular
channels
> (e.g. screen freeze every 5-10 minutes). It seems to have got
progressively
> worse and is now affecting the mainstream channels as well.
> I have thought about trying to re-cable from the dish, but have no
idea if
> this would help. I have also thought about getting a new digibox, but
> worried that the same may happen.
> Any other ideas?

I've had the same happen before, occasionally going to "no sat signal
being received" I think it was partly due to the box/ wire getting
moved
around a bit too much. I cut a bit off the end of the cable (the one
>from
sure it was firmly screwed home and it's been a lot more reliable.

Might help! Other thoughts are look at the cable path - does it go near
any other cables likely to cause interference?

--
Doogie