Re: USB phone interface and personal gateway

Hi Bruno.

There is any specific reason for your decision to keep the home as a
"Windows-free" environment?
My main PC in the house works 24/7 and it has a lot of functions.... no
need
to reboot it for more than 6 months....and it is a WinXP Pro ...
The single reason to use Linux in my opinion is the price...or as the
majority of the actual PCs are sold with preinstalled Windows XP, then even
this is not an issue anymore...

So.. I decide that there is no reason to buy a standalone IP phone.. is
much
too expensive and not such future proof as a combined hardware/software
solution.... and the main reason.. to use the same cordless phone ( a DECT
one) for both internet and PSTN calls, with Call Waiting functionalities
between PSTN and IP calls.

Best regards,
Dan
P.S. ... or you want to say that your home doesn't have windows?...:-))