From: James Winspear [mailto:james.winspear@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 March 2003 20:55
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] HC Cabling

I'm about halfway through cabling and configuring my Home Cinema setup,
and
am no HC nut.  But, I've had to re-run man cables between my Node0 and the
Living Room, for things like On Screen Displays (of HomeVision and AV
Amp),
forgot that I'd need a single phono cable for a single sub, and indeed am
still not sure where the sub will be hidden.
I've also got the living room wired up for remote control-absolutely
essential if AV amp is in Node 0.  Make sure, like I tried to do, that you
know/forsee which type of cables will need to be strung between node0 and
the living room, for instance, my TV has 3 Scart inputs, L/R audio out, 4
speaker outs, and component in.
I've been quite lucky in that I can still force/push/pull cables through
between node0 and the living room after a major renovation (which isn't
quite finished) and I've found this an absolute godsend.  Either allow for
this, or some conduit/trunking/drainpipes etc would be my suggestion.
I'm rather sad and attempted (after the builders had left) to pre-plan all
the cabling connections (using Visio) and this has also been very useful.

Just my $0.02

James