[TiVo] Extraction the easy way

Just stumbled upon a page which describes a one click (well, almost)
solution for extracting video off the TiVo onto a Window (in my case XP)
PC.
Just tried it out with an episode of 24 and it worked very well.  Obviously
the quality/size might not be up to DVD, but for watching it on a laptop on
the train (my motivation behind it all) it is more than enough.

The url: http://tipster.stormrad.com/tivo/extraction.html

It describes a step by step guide, and offers you the download to
TyTools6r2, the client/server software needed to get a stream from the
TiVo.
Once extracted, you can use PowerDVD (which I do) to play it back, just
like
that!  No muxing, pluxing or tuxing (whatever that is) needed, and approx 1
hour takes 20 minutes to extract (and is about 2Gb big).

Hope it helps,

Q.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx